Phrasal Verbsphrasal verbjump to other results
bring downphrasal verb
- 1to make someone lose power or be defeated The scandal may bring down the government.
- 2 (in sports) to make someone fall down He was brought down in the penalty area.
- 1to reduce something We aim to bring down prices on all our computers.
- 2to land an aircraft The pilot managed to bring the plane down in a field.
- 3to make an aircraft fall out of the sky Twelve enemy fighters had been brought down.
- 4to make an animal or a bird fall down or fall out of the sky by killing or wounding it He brought down the bear with a single shot.