- 1a company that carries goods or passengers from one place to another, especially by air Delta Air Lines, the third-largest carrier in the U.S.
- 2 a person or thing that carries something Aquarius, the Water Carrier a baby carrier (= for carrying a baby on your back or in front of you)
- 3 a company that provides a telephone or Internet service a telecommunications carrier cell phone carriers
- 4a person or animal that passes a disease to other people or animals but does not suffer from it
- 5 a military vehicle or ship that carries soldiers or equipment from one place to another an armored personnel carrier see also aircraft carrier
- 6 a metal frame that is attached to a bicycle and used for carrying bags