- 1 [countable] all the people who act in a play or movie The whole cast performed brilliantly. members of the cast an all-star cast (= including many well-known actors) the supporting cast (= not the main actors, but the others) a cast list on arm/leg
- 2 (also plaster cast) [countable] a hard cover that is put on an arm, a leg, etc. to protect a broken bone Her leg is in a cast. in shaping metal
- 3 [countable] an object that is made by pouring hot liquid metal, etc. into a mold (= a specially shaped container)
- 4 [countable] a shaped container used to make an object synonym mold throw
- 5 [countable] an act of throwing something, especially a fishing line appearance
- 6 [singular] (formal) the way that a person or thing is or appears He has an unusual cast of mind. I disliked the arrogant cast to her mouth.
actorsnounjump to other results