- 1a person whose job is to clean other people's houses or offices, etc. an office cleaner
- 2a machine or substance that is used for cleaning a vacuum cleaner a bottle of kitchen cleaner
- 3 cleaners (pl. cleaners) (also dry cleaners) a store where clothes, curtains, etc. are cleaned, especially with chemicals Can you pick up my suit from the cleaners? Idioms
- 1to steal all of someone's money, etc., or to get it using a trick
- 2to defeat someone completely Our team got taken to the cleaners.
take somebody to the cleaners(informal)jump to other results