Phrasal Verbsphrasal verbjump to other results
close upphrasal verb
- 1when a wound closes up, it heals
- 2to hide your thoughts or emotions She closed up when I asked about her family.
- 1 to shut and lock something such as a store or a building, especially for a short period of time Why don't we close up and go out for lunch? Can the last one out close up the office? opposite open up
- 2 to come closer together; to bring people or things closer together Traffic was heavy and cars were closing up behind each other.
- 3to become narrower and less open Every time he tried to speak, his throat closed up with fear. opposite open up