Phrasal Verbsphrasal verbjump to other results
come onphrasal verb
- 1(of an actor) to walk onto the stage
- 2(of a player) to join a team during a game Owen came on for Brown ten minutes before the end of the game.
- 3to improve or develop in the way you want The project is coming on fine.
- 4 used in orders to tell someone to hurry or to try harder Come on! We don't have much time. Come on! Try it again.
- 5used to show that you know what someone has said is not correct Oh, come on—you know that isn't true!
- 6 (usually used in the progressive tenses) (of an illness or a mood) to begin I can feel a cold coming on. I think there's rain coming on.
- 7(of a TV program, etc.) to start What time does the news come on?
- 8 to begin to operate Set the oven to come on at six. When does the heat come on?