- 1 [uncountable] the thick, pale yellow-white fatty, liquid that rises to the top of milk, used in cooking or as a type of sauce to put on fruit, etc. strawberries and cream Would you like milk or cream in your coffee? fresh/whipped cream see also ice cream, sour cream, whipping cream
- 2 [countable] (in compounds) a candy that has a soft substance like cream inside chocolate lemon cream candies
- 3[uncountable, countable] a soft substance or thick liquid used on your skin to protect it or make it feel soft; a similar substance used for cleaning things hand/moisturizing cream antiseptic cream a cream cleaner see also cold cream, face cream, shaving cream
- 4 [uncountable] a pale yellow-white color Do you have this blouse in cream?
- 5the cream of something the best people or things in a particular group the cream of New York society the cream of the crop of this season's movies Idioms
- 1(of a person's face) having smooth, pale skin with pink cheeks a peaches and cream complexion
- 2 (of a situation) progressing well, with few problems In spite of outward appearances, all was not peaches and cream in their relationship.
nounjump to other results
peaches and creamjump to other results