- 1cure somebody (of something) to make a person or an animal healthy again after an illness Will you be able to cure him, doctor?
- 2cure something to make an illness go away TB is a serious illness, but it can be cured.
- 3cure something to deal with a problem successfully I finally managed to cure the rattling noise in my car.
- 4cure somebody of something to stop someone from behaving in a particular way, especially a way that is bad or annoying
- 5cure something to treat food or tobacco with smoke, salt, etc. in order to preserve it
verbjump to other results
NAmE//kyʊr//Verb Forms present simple I / you / we / they cure
he / she / it cures
past simple cured
-ing form curing