- 1[countable] a small pointed object, sometimes with feathers to help it fly, that is shot as a weapon or thrown in the game of darts a poisoned dart
- 2darts [uncountable] a game in which darts are thrown at a round board marked with numbers for scoring a darts match
- 3[singular] a sudden quick movement synonym dash She made a dart for the door.
- 4[singular] (literary) a sudden feeling of a strong emotion Nina felt a sudden dart of panic.
- 5[countable] a pointed fold that is sewn in a piece of clothing to make it fit better