- 1= drawing (3), drawing (4) sports/games
- 2 a game in which both teams or players finish with the same number of points He managed to hold Smith to a draw (= to stop him from winning when he seemed likely to do so). compare tie (5) attraction
- 3 a person, a thing, or an event that attracts a lot of people synonym attraction She is currently one of the biggest draws on the music scene. smoke
- 4an act of breathing in the smoke from a cigarette synonym drag She took one last draw from the cigarette. Idioms
- 1(informal) to be quick to understand or react in a new situation You can't fool him— he's always quick on the draw.
- 2to be quick at pulling out a gun in order to shoot it
choosingnounjump to other results
be quick/fast on the drawjump to other results
the fact that chance decides something, in a way that you cannot control To a large extent the life you have depends on who your parents were; it's just the luck of the biological draw.
the luck of the drawjump to other results