- 1[countable] (informal) a solution to a problem, especially an easy or temporary one There is no quick fix for the steel industry. drug
- 2 [singular] (informal) an amount of something that you need and want frequently, especially an illegal drug such as heroin to get yourself a fix I need a coffee fix before I can face the day. difficult situation
- 3 [singular] a difficult situation synonym mess We've really gotten ourselves into a fix this time. on position
- 4[singular] the act of finding the position of a ship or an aircraft They managed to get a fix on the yacht's position. understanding
- 5[singular] (informal) an act of understanding something He tried to get a fix on the young man's motives, but he just couldn't understand him.
solutionnounjump to other results