- 1 [uncountable] how food or drink tastes synonym taste The tomatoes give extra flavor to the sauce. It is stronger in flavor than many other aged cheeses.
- 2[countable] a particular type of taste This yogurt comes in ten different flavors. a wine with a delicate fruit flavor
- 3 = flavoring
- 4 [singular] a particular quality or atmosphere synonym ambience the distinctive flavor of South Florida The movie retains much of the book's exotic flavor. Foreign visitors help to give a truly international flavor to the occasion.
- 5[singular] a/the flavor of something an idea of what something is like I have tried to convey something of the flavor of the argument. The following extract gives a flavor of the poet's later works.
- 6[countable] (computing) a particular type of something, especially computer software Idioms
(flavour) nounjump to other results
a person or thing that is very popular at a particular time Environmental issues are no longer the flavor of the month.
flavor of the monthjump to other results