- 1 (also folks) [plural] (informal) people in general ordinary working-class folk an old folks' home the folks back home (= from the place where you come from)
- 2folks [plural] (informal) a friendly way of addressing more than one person Well, folks, what are we going to do today?
- 3 folks [plural] (informal) the members of your family, especially your parents How are your folks?
- 4[plural] people from a particular country or region, or who have a particular way of life country folk townsfolk farming folk
- 5 [uncountable] = folk music
nounjump to other results