- 1 a tool with a handle and three or four sharp points (calledprongs), used for picking up and eating food to eat with a knife and fork
- 2a garden tool with a long or short handle and three or four sharp metal points, used for digging see also pitchfork
- 3a place where a road, river, etc. divides into two parts; either of these two parts Shortly before dusk they reached a fork and took the left-hand track. Take the right fork.
- 4a thing shaped like a fork, with two or more long parts a jagged fork of lightning see also tuning fork
- 5either of two metal supporting pieces into which a wheel on a bicycle or motorcycle is fitted
nounjump to other results