- 1the way that someone deals with or treats a situation, a person, an animal, etc. I was impressed by his handling of the affair. This horse needs firm handling. Why is he being so polite, as if I need tactful handling?
- 2 the action of organizing or controlling something data handling on computers
- 3the action of touching, feeling, or holding something with your hands toys that can stand up to rough handling In the manufacturing industries heavy materials handling is often done by robots.
- 4the cost of dealing with an order, delivering goods, booking tickets, etc. $12.95 for postage and handling
- 5the way in which a vehicle can be controlled by the driver a car designed for easy handling
- 6 the act or cost of transporting goods from one place to another