- 1interference (in something) the act of interfering They resent foreign interference in the internal affairs of their country. political interference in legal proceedings
- 2interruption of a radio signal by another signal on a similar wavelength, causing extra noise that is not wanted
- 3(in hockey and other sports) the act, which is against the rules, of getting in the way of an opposing player's ability to run, hit, etc. rules on goalie interference Idioms
- 1 (in football) to clear the way for the player with the ball by blocking players from the opposing team
- 2(informal) to help someone by dealing with problems for them so that they do not need to deal with them You have plenty of friends that can always run interference for you.
run interferencejump to other results