- 1not arranged in an even way; not having an even, smooth pattern or shape synonym uneven irregular teeth an irregular outline
- 2not happening at times that are at an equal distance from each other; not happening regularly irregular meals an irregular heartbeat irregular attendance at school He visited his parents at irregular intervals.
- 3not normal; not according to the usual rules synonym abnormal an irregular practice His behavior is highly irregular.
- 4(grammar) not formed in the normal way an irregular verb
- 5(of a soldier etc.) not part of a country's official army opposite regular
irregularlyjump to other results