- 1 a building or hotel in the country where people stay when they want to take part in some types of outdoor sports a ski lodge a hunting lodge
- 2 the members of a branch of a society such as the Freemasons; the building where they meet a Masonic lodge
- 3the home of a beaver or an otter
- 4a Native American's tent or home built of logs
- 5 a small house at the gates of a park or on the land belonging to a large house He turned in between the lodge gates and guided the Porsche down the winding drive.