- 1[intransitive] (of birds, animals, etc.) to move from one part of the world to another according to the season Swallows migrate south in winter.
- 2[intransitive] (of a lot of people) to move from one town, country, etc. to go and live and/or work in another synonym emigrate Thousands were forced to migrate from rural to urban areas in search of work.
- 3[intransitive] (technology) to move from one place to another The infected cells then migrate to other areas of the body.
- 4 [intransitive, transitive] migrate (somebody) (computing) to change, or cause someone to change, from one computer system to another
- 5[transitive] migrate something (computing) to move programs or hardware from one computer system to another
verbjump to other results
NAmE//ˈmaɪɡreɪt//Verb Forms present simple I / you / we / they migrate
he / she / it migrates
past simple migrated
-ing form migrating