- 1in an attractive or acceptable way; well The room was nicely furnished. The plants are coming along nicely (= growing well).
- 2in a kind, friendly, or polite way If you ask her nicely she might say yes.
- 3 (formal) carefully; exactly His novels nicely describe life in Britain between the wars. Idioms
- 1to be making good progress Her new business is doing very nicely.
- 2to be acceptable Tomorrow at ten will do nicely (= will be a good time).
adverbjump to other results
do nicelyjump to other results