- 1 outlet (for something) a way of expressing or making good use of strong feelings, ideas, or energy She needed to find an outlet for her many talents and interests. Sports became the perfect outlet for his aggression.
- 2 (business) a store or an organization that sells goods made by a particular company or of a particular type The business has 34 retail outlets in this state alone.
- 3 a store that sells goods of a particular make at reduced prices the Nike outlet in the outlet mall
- 4a pipe or hole through which liquid or gas can flow out a sewage outlet an outlet pipe opposite inlet
- 5(also receptacle, socket) a device in a wall that you put a plug into in order to connect electrical equipment to the power supply of a building