- 1 a square or rectangular piece of wood, glass, or metal that forms part of a larger surface such as a door or wall One of the glass panels in the front door was cracked. see also solar panel
- 2a piece of metal that forms part of the outer frame of a vehicle
- 3 a piece of cloth that forms part of a piece of clothing The pants have double thickness knee panels for extra protection.
- 4a group of specialists who give their advice or opinion about something; a group of people who discuss topics of interest on television or radio an advisory panel a panel of experts We have two politicians on tonight's panel. a panel discussion
- 5 (also jury panel) = jury
- 6a flat board in a vehicle or on a piece of machinery where the controls and instruments are fixed an instrument panel a control/display panel
nounjump to other results