- 1 [countable] an official decision not to punish someone for a crime, or to say that someone is not guilty of a crime to ask/grant/receive a pardon a presidential/royal pardon The Pardon Board has no power to stop execution.
- 2[uncountable] (formal) pardon (for something) the action of forgiving someone for something synonym forgiveness He asked her pardon for having deceived her. Idioms
- 1(formal) used to tell someone that you are sorry for something you have said or done I beg your pardon, I thought that was my coat.
- 2 used to ask someone to repeat what they have just said because you did not hear “It's on Bleecker Street.” “I beg your pardon.” “Bleecker Street.”
- 3 used to tell someone that you are offended by what they have just said or by the way that they have said it “Just go away.” “I beg your pardon!”
I beg your pardonjump to other results