- 1 [countable] an area of public land in a town or a city where people go to walk, play, and relax We went for a walk in the park. a park bench
- 2 [countable] Park (abbreviation Pk) used in the names of places, especially in towns Prospect Park
- 3 [countable] (in compounds) an area of land used for a particular purpose a business/science park a wildlife park see also amusement park, industrial park, national park, safari park, theme park
- 4 [countable] a piece of land for playing sports, especially baseball see also ballpark
- 5[uncountable] (in a vehicle) the position in which the gears are locked, preventing the vehicle's movement He put the car in park. compare drive (3) Idioms
nounjump to other results
a thing that is very easy to do or deal with The role isn't exactly a walk in the park. The next game will be a walk in the park.
a walk in the park (informal)jump to other results