- 1[countable, uncountable] a very strong feeling of love, hatred, anger, enthusiasm, etc. He's a man of violent passions. a crime of passion She argued her case with considerable passion. Passions were running high (= people were angry and emotional) at the meeting.
- 2[singular] (formal) a state of being very angry synonym rage She flies into a passion if anyone even mentions his name.
- 3[uncountable] passion (for somebody) a very strong feeling of sexual love His passion for her made him blind to everything else.
- 4 [countable] passion (for something) a very strong feeling of liking something; a hobby, an activity, etc. that you like very much Americans have a passion for sports. Music is a passion with him.
- 5the Passion [singular] (in Christianity) the suffering and death of Jesus Christ
nounjump to other results