- 1possessive (of/about somebody/something) demanding total attention or love; not wanting someone to be independent Some parents are too possessive of their children.
- 2possessive (of/about something) not liking to lend things or share things with others Jimmy's very possessive about his toys.
- 3(grammar) showing that something belongs to someone or something possessive pronouns (= yours, his, etc.)
- adverb “That's mine!” she said possessively.
- noun [uncountable] I couldn't stand his jealousy and possessiveness.
possessivelyjump to other results
possessivenessjump to other results