- 1 a teacher who is in charge of a school Principal Ray Smith
- 2[usually singular] (finance) an amount of money that you lend to someone or invest to earn interest
- 3the person who has the most important part in a play, an opera, etc. The performance of the two principals is disappointing.
- 4(technology) a person that you are representing, especially in business or law The shareholders are principals and the managers are agents.
- 5 the most important person in a company or organization
nounjump to other results