- 1 [transitive] publish something to produce a book, magazine, CD-ROM, etc. and sell it to the public The first edition was published in 2007. He works for a company that publishes reference books. Most of our titles are also published on CD-ROM.
- 2[transitive] publish something to print a letter, an article, etc. in a newspaper or magazine Pictures of the suspect were published in all the daily papers. The editors published a full apology in the following edition.
- 3[transitive] publish something to make something available to the public on the Internet The report will be published on the Internet.
- 4[transitive, intransitive] publish (something) (of an author) to have your work printed and sold to the public She hasn't published anything for years. University professors are under pressure to publish.
- 5[transitive] publish something (formal) to make official information known to the public synonym release The findings of the committee will be published on Friday.
verbjump to other results
NAmE//ˈpʌblɪʃ//Verb Forms present simple I / you / we / they publish
he / she / it publishes
past simple published
-ing form publishing