- 1concerning the most basic and important parts of something; thorough and complete synonym far-reaching the need for radical changes in education demands for radical reform of the law radical differences between the sexes
- 2 new, different, and likely to have a great effect radical ideas a radical solution to the problem radical proposals
- 3in favor of thorough and complete political or social change the radical wing of the party radical politicians/students/writers
- 4 (old-fashioned) (slang) very good
- NAmE//ˈrædɪkli//adverb The new methods are radically different from the old. Attitudes have changed radically.
adjectivejump to other results
NAmE//ˈrædɪkl//[usually before noun]
radicallyjump to other results