- 1in a beautiful and expensive manner a richly decorated room
- 2used to express the fact that something has a pleasant strong color, taste, or smell a richly flavored sauce The polished floor glowed richly.
- 3in a generous way She was richly rewarded for all her hard work.
- 4in a way that people think is right and good synonym thoroughly richly deserved success richly earned respect
- 5used to express the fact that the quality or thing mentioned is present in large amounts richly varied countryside a richly atmospheric novel