- 1without being harmed, damaged, or lost The plane landed safely.
- 2in a way that does not cause harm or that protects someone or something from harm The bomb has been safely disposed of. The money is safely locked in a drawer.
- 3without much possibility of being wrong We can safely say that he will accept the job.
- 4without any possibility of the situation changing I thought the kids were safely tucked up in bed. The election was safely out of the way, at last.
- 5without any problems being caused; with no risk These recommendations can safely be ignored.
adverbjump to other results