- 1[countable] a sudden sharp noise, especially one made by something closing or breaking She closed her purse with a snap. the snap of a twig card game
- 2Snap [uncountable] a card game in which players take turns to put cards down and try to be the first to call out “snap” when two similar cards are put down together fastener
- 3a type of button used for fastening clothes, consisting of two metal or plastic sections that can be pressed together in football
- 4 a quick backward movement of the ball from the ground that begins a period of play cookie
- 5a hard sweet cookie ginger snaps see also cold snap Idioms
sharp noisenounjump to other results
to be very easy to do This job's a snap.
be a snap (informal)jump to other results