- 1unable to move or to be moved The wheels were stuck in the mud. This drawer keeps getting stuck. She got the key stuck in the lock. I can't get out—I'm stuck.
- 2in an unpleasant situation or place that you cannot escape from We were stuck in traffic for over an hour. I hate being stuck at home all day.
- 3stuck (on something) unable to answer or understand something I got stuck on the first question. I'll help you if you're stuck.
- 4stuck (for something) not knowing what to do in a particular situation If you're stuck for something to do tonight, come out with us. I've never known him to be stuck for words before.
- 5stuck with somebody/something (informal) unable to get rid of someone or something that you do not want I was stuck with him for the whole journey. I'm stuck with this job for the moment. Idioms
not having changed at all from a time in the past although everything else has Her whole house seems to be stuck in a time warp. It's like something out of the 1950s.
be (stuck) in a time warpjump to other results
in a situation where you have to choose between two things, both of which are unpleasant
(caught/stuck) between a rock and a hard placejump to other results