- 1(informal) a person who is easily tricked or persuaded to do something
- 2sucker for somebody/something (informal) a person who cannot resist someone or something, or likes someone or something very much I've always been a sucker for men with green eyes.
- 3a special organ on the body of some animals that enables them to stick to a surface
- 4a disk shaped like a cup, usually made of rubber or plastic, that sticks to a surface when you press it against it
- 5a part of a tree or bush that grows from the roots rather than from the main stem or the branches, and can form a new tree or bush
- 6 (slang) used to refer in a general way to a person or thing, especially for emphasis The pilot said, “I don't know how I got the sucker down safely.”
- 7 (informal) = lollipop