- 1 arranged neatly and with everything in order a tidy desk She keeps her apartment very tidy. I like everything to be neat and tidy. opposite untidy
- 2 keeping things neat and in order I'm a tidy person. tidy habits opposite untidy
- 3[only before noun] (informal) a tidy amount of money is fairly large synonym considerable It must have cost a tidy sum. a tidy profit
- NAmE//ˈtaɪdl̩i//adverb The room was very tidily arranged.
- NAmE//ˈtaɪdinəs//noun [uncountable]
tidilyjump to other results
tidinessjump to other results