Phrasal Verbsphrasal verbjump to other results
turn overphrasal verb
- 1to change position so that the other side is facing toward the outside or the top If you turn over you might find it easier to get to sleep. The car skidded and turned over. (figurative) The smell made my stomach turn over (= made me feel sick).
- 2(of an engine) to start or to continue to run
to do business worth a particular amount of money in a particular period of time The company turns over $3.5 million a year. related noun turnoverjump to other results
turn over something
- 1to make something change position so that the other side is facing toward the outside or the top Brown the meat on one side, then turn it over and brown the other side.
- 2to think about something carefully She kept turning over the events of the day in her mind.
- 3 (of a store) to sell goods and replace them A supermarket will turn over its stock very rapidly. related noun turnover
- 4to make an engine start running