- 1not level, smooth, or flat The floor felt uneven under his feet. opposite even
- 2not following a regular pattern; not having a regular size and shape synonym irregular Her breathing was quick and uneven. uneven teeth opposite even
- 3not having the same quality in all parts an uneven performance (= with some good parts and some bad parts)
- 4(of a contest or match) in which one group, team, or player is much better than the other synonym unequal, even
- 5organized in a way that is not regular and/or fair synonym unequal an uneven distribution of resources opposite even
unevenlyjump to other results
adverb His hair was cut unevenly. The teams are unevenly matched. The population is unevenly distributed.
unevennessjump to other results