Phrasal Verbsphrasal verbjump to other results
work outphrasal verb
- 1to train the body by physical exercise I work out regularly to stay in shape. related noun workout
- 2 to develop in a successful way My first job didn't work out. Things have worked out really well for us.
if something works out to something, you calculate that it will be a particular amount + adj. It'll work out cheaper to travel by bus.jump to other results
work out (to something)
- 1to calculate something to work out the answer
- 2to find the answer to something synonym solve to work out a problem work out what, where, etc… Can you work out what these squiggles mean? I couldn't work out where the music was coming from.
- 3to plan or think of something I've worked out a new way of doing it.
- 4 [usually passive] to remove all the coal, minerals, etc. from a mine over a period of time a worked-out silver mine