- 1 (especially North American English) to make a telephone call to somebody See related entries: Making calls
- 2 to make somebody do their training in the army, etc. or fight in a war synonym conscript, draft
- 3to give somebody the opportunity to play in a sports team, especially for their country related noun call-up
- 1to bring something back to your mind synonym recall The smell of the sea called up memories of her childhood.
- 2to use something that is stored or kept available I called his address up on the computer. She called up her last reserves of strength.