- 1[countable] a meal of milk for a young baby; a meal for an animal her morning feed for animals/plants
- 2[uncountable, countable] food for animals or plants winter feed for the horses liquid tomato feed a sack of feed for machine
- 3[uncountable] material supplied to a machine
- 4[countable] a pipe, device, etc. which supplies a machine with something the cold feed to the water cylinder The printer has an automatic paper feed. large meal
- 5[countable] (informal) a large meal They needed a bath and a good feed. television programmes
- 6[uncountable] (North American English) television programmes that are sent from a central station to other stations in a network; the system of sending out these programmes network feed See related entries: Producing TV shows, Watching TV website
- 7a special feature on a blog, news website, social networking website, etc. that allows you to see new information that has been added without having to visit the website, usually using a feed reader (= a piece of software that displays this information) an RSS feed See related entries: Social networking Word Origin Old English fēdan (verb), of Germanic origin; related to Dutch voeden and food.
meal for baby/animal