Definition of the Queen’s English noun from the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary


the Queen’s English

; NAmE
[uncountable] (old-fashioned)
jump to other results
the English language as written and spoken correctly by educated people in the UK ‘The Queen’s English’ is used when the United Kingdom has a queen, and ‘the King’s English’ when it has a king.

Other results

All matches