Definition of the Wolds noun from the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary


the Wolds

; NAmE
jump to other results
two ranges of hills in north-east England. The range to the north of the River Humber used to be called the Yorkshire Wolds, and is now simply called the Wolds. The range to the south of the Humber is known as the Lincolnshire Wolds.