Definition of the Woolsack from the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary


the Woolsack

; NAmE
jump to other results
the seat on which the Lord Speaker sits in the House of Lords in the British parliament. It is a large square cushion filled with wool and covered with red cloth, and it has no back, arms or legs.